The HK House of Peers celebrated Fire & ICE – its 2011 convention.
Collectors of Harmony Kingdom and Adam Binder Editions enjoyed our guest artists:
PETER CALVESBERT and ADAM BINDER.
Sponsorship Registration Deadline was April 15, 2011
HARMONY KINGDOM AND ADAM BINDER COLLECTORS AND SPONSORS
Collectors came together for another gathering of Harmony Kingdom, Peter Calvesbert, and Adam Binder lovers for Fire & ICE, June 23-26, 2011, in the Chicago area. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, and Heartland Animal Shelter were the benefactors of our efforts. With the help of our donors/sponsors, HOP was able to raise over $140,000 for charity during the five conventions we've hosted.
Our record fundraising is possible only through the generosity of many individuals and dealers, and the support of the Harmony Ball Co. and Adam Binder Editions. While HK and ABE are providing a good portion of the donations we need to make the event a success, collectors and dealers have a significant impact as well. Please consider making a donation and becoming a sponsor for the Chicago event, Fire & ICE.
Blackie and Light My Fire can be yours!
As in previous years, those who support the event by donating items or services will be thanked publicly in the Event Program and at the event. Some levels of support also receive Light My Fire, the 'Early Bird' figurine. This time we have an extra special 'Thank You' – Blackie – an exclusive color variation of the cat pendant, for sponsors only, that Peter Calvesbert carved for this event!
Here's how you can get these special pieces:
- Buy a Well Wisher Ad. These are small ads that appear in the Event Program. You provide the text – say hello to friends, wish someone a Happy Anniversary or Happy Birthday, or just tell everyone to have a good time at the event. Or, you can combine multiple ad spaces with pictures and other graphics. Each ad is only $10 and will give you the 'right-to-buy' Blackie, for only $25.
- Become a Sponsor. Donate items such as Harmony Kingdom or Adam Binder pieces to be used as prized at the event or items for the Goodie Bags. These donations will give you the ability to obtain the 'right-to-buy' Blackie pendant, for only $25. Sponsorship registration is now CLOSED.
Even if you cannot attend the event, you can still participate as a donor or sponsor and qualify for Blackie or Light My Fire. You can advertise in the Event Program and make donations that are used for fundraisers, and/or the Goodie Bag received by each attendee.
The Registration Deadline for Sponsors was April 15, 2011
Sponsors receive benefits based upon the level of participation. You can help in three ways: with donations for our fundraisers; by purchasing ad space in the Event Program; and with items for the Goodie Bags. We have multiple levels of support; each has a different criterion for qualifying and each receives different benefits.
To qualify for this level, a sponsor must purchase an ad (a minimum 1/4 page ad – cost $40) and do at least one other option:
- Make a donation of at least $150 retail in collectible items for the charity fundraisers
- Send 150 items for the Goodie Bags, with a value of at least $150 (donation to be approved by the Committee to prevent duplication)
For your support, you will be:
- Listed as a sponsor in the Event Program
- Included on the "Sponsors" posters in the main collector facilities
- Identified as a sponsor on your name badge
- Receive the 'Early Bird" figurine Light My Fire ($75 value) to use in any way you wish
- Have the 'right-to-buy' Blackie, a special color version of the cat pendant (cost $25)
To qualify for this level, a sponsor must have an ad (a minimum 1/2 page ad – cost $75) and do at least one other option:
- Make a donation of at least $250 retail in collectible items for the charity fundraisers
- Send 150 item for the Goodie Bags with a value of at least $250 (donation to be approved by the Committee to prevent duplication)
- If a sponsor donates at least $1,000 in items, they receive the 1/2 page ad at No Cost
For your support, the sponsor receives:
- All of the Major Sponsor privileges, plus
- A complimentary Blackie, a special color version of the cat pendant ($25 value) to use in any way you wish
- Your store/organization/self included in the slide show presentation that is projected on an 8 foot screen periodically throughout the event
- All Premier Sponsors are included in a drawing for a prototype of one of the event figurines
We have a time issue since the ads are placed in the Event Program. The program includes details of the weekend activities and serves as a reminder of great memories. The deadline to register as a sponsor was April 15, 2011. Since printing is done in advance for shipment to the event, all donations and ads MUST be received no later than April 30, 2011, to ensure inclusion in the Event Program.
It has been said that life's greatest gift may be the giving of joy to others.
Sponsorship registration is CLOSED. You may direct any questions to Anita Haning [firstname.lastname@example.org] or call 678-493-5443.
When sending items, please include a packing slip identifying the contents and include an e-mail address and telephone number. We invite sponsors to include a card or flyer in the Goodie Bags, for each (150) attendee. Sorry, no sales or discount advertising. Please ship items well in advance, so that they arrive by April 30, 2011, to the addresses below, based on their use.
Non-Goodie Bag items:
1973 N LANDING WAY
MARIETTA GA 30066-1340
Goodie Bag items, including business cards and flyers:
4100 MEADOWSWEET DR
DAYTON OH 45424-4841
For more information,
contact HOP by e-mail at [email@example.com]
or call Pat Steven at 703-256-3506.
Fire & ICE
LIVE CHARITY AUCTION
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL CHICAGO - NORTH SHORE CONFERENCE CENTER