The HK House of Peers celebrated Fire & ICE – its 2011 convention.
Collectors of Harmony Kingdom and Adam Binder Editions enjoyed our guest artists:
PETER CALVESBERT and ADAM BINDER.
WHO'S WHO YEARBOOK AS TRADING CARDS
In some of the previous conventions, we had a "Yearbook" which included pictures of attendees and any personal information they wanted to share; like their board name, favorite pieces, etc. This yearbook helped us put faces to names for the folks who chose to participate.
For many years we had trading cards with various themes that people would trade with other collectors, until they completed a full deck. That is one of the ice breaker games designed to help people to meet others right away.
This time we are going a step further. We are turning the Trading Cards into our Yearbook, which means that each card has the face and other information of an attendee, or registered couple. The intent is for you to trade your duplicated cards with someone else until you have a full deck and have completed the Fire & ICE yearbook.
How this works:
- A Trading Card is one card per person, or registered couple, and includes a picture with other shared information. Registered couples may participate individually, but individual pictures must be submitted.
- The deck you receive at registration contains only cards with your picture.
- The number of cards in your deck is equal to the number of people who participated by sending in their picture and information. So, if 100 people participate, you receive a deck with 100 of your cards.
- Only people who send in pictures will get Trading Cards in their registration packet.
- You trade your own card with someone for their personal card.
- To get a full deck, you will need to trade all but one of your cards, without getting any duplicates.
- To help you know who else has cards, you will get a checklist of names with your pack. You will need to match names on the checklist with name tags when you are searching for someone you may not know. When you trade with someone, you should check their name on the checklist.
We will be accumulating pictures well in advance, so that the setup can begin early. So, as soon as you register for the event, you can begin by sending your picture and information. Here is what is required:
- Yahoo! Group Name
- City and State
- Favorite HK or Adam Binder Piece
- Something about yourself (one small paragraph)
We would appreciate your photo and information to be sent digitally to: [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If necessary, you may mail your picture and information to:
105 DAWN RD
MILFORD NJ 08848-1133
There is a lot of work in preparing these cards. Since Joanne must squeeze it into her free time, the sooner you submit your information, the sooner she can start preparing the Trading Cards. Deadline for submission was June 9, 2011.
For more information,
contact HOP by e-mail at [email@example.com]
or call Pat Steven at 703-256-3506.
Fire & ICE
LIVE CHARITY AUCTION
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL CHICAGO - NORTH SHORE CONFERENCE CENTER